Strong and big horses: Shire, Clydesdale!!

Suggestions for new horses/pony designs and other equine related models and accessories.

Moderator: Equorum-Artist

Strong and big horses: Shire, Clydesdale!!

Postby Rammleid on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:46 pm

I really love Shire and Clydesdale horses and I would love to see them as Equorum models, in any scale!!
Rammleid

Re: Strong and big horses: Shire, Clydesdale!!

Postby Liberty on Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:39 pm

Good idea! :)
ImageImageImage
Liberty

Postby thistledownstables on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm

Don't we have the Welsh D, the Norman Cob, the Suffolk Punch and the Ardennais? Because if you put extra feathers on the Norman Cob it would look like a Shire :)
thistledownstables

Postby Rammleid on Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:58 pm

thistledownstables wrote:Don't we have the Welsh D, the Norman Cob, the Suffolk Punch and the Ardennais? Because if you put extra feathers on the Norman Cob it would look like a Shire :)

Any horse model with tons of featheres legs can look similar to a Shire, sure XDDD

But they have stronger and thicker legs (longer than Ardenes ones), and they are the bigger horses in the world, so they probably would be the bigger models of their scales (and the Norman Cob isn't).

Moreover, I think they have really unique features in their face (and I think Helen can do a wonderful work with their realistic features).

Anyway... it's just my suggestion!! ;)
Rammleid

Postby thunderhorsestables on Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:25 pm

There used to be a Gypsy Vanner/Shire horse mould but i think Helen's dropped it cos it wasn't one of her best... Cute though :)

Here: http://equorum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1471
thunderhorsestables

Postby Liberty on Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:12 pm

Personally I think it is time for a brand new Shire / heavy horse mould in full scale (i.e. big!), perhaps in a trotting or walking pose to contrast against the four-square Suffolk. I don't think any of the existing moulds are suitable as Shires or Clydies, personally (specially not the welsh D).... also Helen's style seems to be evolving and dare I say it improving all the time so a new heavy could be quite exciting! :D
ImageImageImage
Liberty

Return to Foaling Box