Introduce yourself

Suggestions for new horses/pony designs and other equine related models and accessories.

Moderator: Equorum-Artist

Introduce yourself

Postby Bobbie on Thu May 22, 2008 6:38 am

***UPDATE EDIT BY EQUORUM-ARTIST****

This was a good idea of Bobbies for forum members to introduce themselves and as another member, Vicmel pointed out - it would be nice for it to be easily accesible, so i have popped a "sticky" on it so everyone can find it easily enough!

No chit chat of welcomes here please - topics will be posted in common room for every new person for you all to add your welcomes and to get to know the new member

I thought this would be a nice way to get members to know eachother.

Anyway, I'm Bobbie. I'll be 12 on the 27th August 08 (So remember that date!!!!!), I'm a young and happy secondary school student. I have named myself after a pony I had once upon a time. He was a grey cob who I had on part loan. I visited and rode every day, accept Tuesday, which was our day off (The school was NEVER free!). But one day, the owner turned horrible and I had to give him up, on Saturday the 6th December 2006. The day before my first rally.

I;ve had many ponies since that, but have had to giv them up for one reason or another. I'm also in the process of moving back to an old riding school, as the one I moved to only allow me to jump a foot :( (I can jump over 3foot! LOL!)

And finally, I ADORE HTML coding, and have coded a website (I was going to use a previous layout, when I was disapointed to realise another collector had changed the colour system and claimed it as their own). So here we are - http://freewebs.com/daisylanestables - Which will be awesome someday.
Last edited by Equorum-Artist on Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Update
Bobbie

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Equorum-Artist on Thu May 22, 2008 9:01 am

Hi Bobbie - lovely to see you joining the forum. and yes i think it is a great idea to have everyone say Hi - I'm here and this is me!

DO REMEMBER - please dont write any personal information -like naming the street where you live or the name of the riding school you go to etc. This is a public forum, so safety first at all times
Equorum-Artist

Postby breyer*nut on Thu May 22, 2008 1:59 pm

Hi all - i collect breyers alot! however i recently discoved equorum horses and have bought a couple now. - Definately going to buy more, they are wonderful models, helen is soooooooo talented!

I also love doing photoshows with my models - any chance of a photo competition Equorum????? :) ;)
breyer*nut

Postby Anita on Thu May 22, 2008 3:53 pm

Hi there my name is Anita.
Great to see the Forum up and running Helen.
I have been a little rubber horse fan since I was a child in the 60s I mainly collect Julips. But I have 2 of the Equorum horses and I love them its nice to have an alternative to Julips. I am sure my Equorum herd will grow.

I am a teacher and since my own horse died a few years ago I now have then use of a friends two horses so I ride regularly.

I am looking forward to meeting everyone on the forum
Please feel free to visit my web site
http://www.freewebs.com/julipland/
Anita

Postby Spider on Thu May 22, 2008 5:44 pm

Hi, unfortunatly I dont have an equorum, but I have a julip painted by Helen and some other random models. Saving up for an equorum though, I love the Lusitano
Spider

Postby FjordsRock on Fri May 23, 2008 5:54 am

Hi, I'm Olivia, I have several Julips, two of which have been painted by Helen.
I don't have any Equorums, but I am ooohing and aaahing over the ones that are sold on Ebay. :mrgreen:
FjordsRock

Postby scraggycat on Fri May 23, 2008 9:46 am

Hello, I'm Lydia.
I've been collecting model horses for about 25 years now. I have a fair few, mostly Julips and Animal Artistry, now with a couple of Equorums too.
I really like the variety of colours Helen paints, I think my favourite is probably dapple grey.
Glad to see the forum up and running.
scraggycat

Postby coolkid on Fri May 23, 2008 10:18 am

hi im charlie. currently i dont own any equorium horses but i have a julip zebra painted by helen and hes lovely! :mrgreen:
im 16 and i live in the midlands. i used to own a pony called wilbur but sadly he died of colic in feb 2008. im looking out for another horse to buy, but like most things these days they've got so expensive. thats why im glad i still have my model horses. :)
im interested in photography and i have a (beast camera) nikon d40x. im hoping to study photography in a few years at college.
think thats all you want to know about me. :)
coolkid

Postby Pebble on Fri May 23, 2008 7:30 pm

Hey!
I'm new to the forum. I haven't got any Equorum horses (sob!) but I am hoping that will change! :lol: I love model horses and making accessories for them.(I'm in the middle of making my first headcollar! :P ) I'm pretty new to the hobby so I don't have much of a collection but I love to see other peoples'! I do ride but I don't know that much about horse care.
Pebble

Postby Josie on Sat May 24, 2008 1:48 pm

Hiii :)

My name is Josie. I'm fourteen, I'll be fifteen on the first of august :) I collect Julips mainly, I have ten at the moment. Seven of those are originals. One is a gorgeous rainbow lippi painted by Helen during the shortlived designer Julips range. His name is Spectrum, and he's vair sexy! My favourite Julip though has to be my liver chestnut family horse, because she's a special of my pony in real life.

I'm particularly interested in the equorum range because of the poseable riders. I would love one, but unfortunately funds don't allow! (I'm working part time at a local pub, but every time I save up enough money I need a lesson or Rosa needs shoeing etc, bringing me back down to zero!) I think the riders look great. My favourite equorum moulds are the welsh sec B and the shetland colt (sooo cute)

I know a few people on here from other forums, so that's nice :)

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to being a part of this forum!
Josie

Next

Return to Foaling Box